Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update
We’re open and again able to take appointments for all your dental care needs.
We want to assure you that our priority remains the safety and wellbeing of people - our patients, our people and the community. In line with this commitment, we’re continuing a number of safety measures to help minimise any risk of COVID-19 exposure within the practice.
- Our team members staying home if they have been in contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, or are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms;
- Standard infection control procedures to reduce the spread of any infection;
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all treatments such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
- Strengthened cleaning procedures, including actively promoting the regular use of antibacterial hand sanitiser and surface wipes;
- Stringent personal hygiene measures for our people;
- Requesting patients reschedule their appointment if they are or have recently been unwell, or are experiencing any flu-like symptoms; and
- Touch free temperature checks for our patients.
We’re currently open 7.30am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday by an appointment. To speak with us about your dental care needs or to book an appointment, please call us on 07 5575 9100.
We look forward to welcoming you into the practice soon.
The Dental Board of Australia regulates all the activities of dental professionals who practice in Australia and the Australian Dental Association is our professional body which helps develop the guidelines which we use every day.
During the current Covid-19 crisis the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee comes into prominence as well.
This committee comprises of the Chief Health Officer of each state and is chaired by the Chief Medical Officer. They advise the National Cabinet on health protection matters at the national level.
It is this committee which advises on social distancing measures and has stopped elective surgeries. The same committee has now implemented level 3 restrictions for dental practices as per the ADA guidelines.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE EVERYONE'S SAFETY
We are taking the following precautions for the safety of our staff and you, our patient.
- 1-1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide mouth-rinse is used pre-procedure
- A rubber dam may be placed if a hand-piece is used
- High-speed hand-piece usage is minimised
- Additional time between appointments for extra room cleaning
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
All dental treatments will be treated using standard precautions for people who do not meet epidemiological or clinical risk factors for COVID-19 infection transmission.
https://www.health.gov.au/ news/australian-health- protection-principal- committee-ahppc-advice-to- national-cabinet-about-school- immunisation-programs-and- dental-services
https://www.ada.org.au/ Campaign/COVID-19/Managing- COVID-19/Practice-Resources/ Dental-restriction-Levels/ADA- dental-restriction-levels-in- COVID-19-Publishe.aspx